Some of you know them as Post cards, other know them as Flyers.
Regardless of the name, these are
a rectangular piece of card board, usually printed on both sides, that is used for:
- Advertising: used to promote events such as concerts, trade shows, fairs, etc.
- Direct Mailing Campaigns using either EDDM marketing tools or custom mailing lists.
- Postcards: writing and mailing without an envelope.
It is sometimes called a Flyer. In this context the piece is to be used as a document that will be distributed massively and will promote products or events
Although the United States Postal Service defines the "postcard size" as a piece of certain dimentions, the term postcard or flyer has been extended to many sizes and shapes.
If you are using an imprint permit in your piece, make sure that you are including it in your design
- There are requirements that have to do with the position of the address block, the open space next to the bar code, etc. Make sure that you comply with those requirements. Call us for further information.
- 4.25" x 6.25"
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- 6" x 9"
- 6" x 11" (Jumbo)
What to say on your postcard?:
- Have a powerful headline that speaks directly to the reader.
- Create curiosity!
- Make it high impact. There's no envelope involved, so the message should be simple and clear.
- If you are sending the postcard in the mail, as you would do with any piece meant for marketing, try to find a way to measure results.
Is UV coating something good for me?
- UV Coating gives it a shiny mirror-like finish that enhances the colors and the message.
- UV coating is sometimes associated to very massive marketing and not very elegant for certain events. Our recommendation is that you think about the convenience or using UV coatings in your specific project