Spiral Bound Books (Books / Catalogs)
Spiral Binding for Manual, Reports, Planners, Notepads and more
What is a SPIRAL BOUND book, or report, or planner?
When a multipage-page document needs to be kept together, with integrity but still be easy to go through it, spiral binding (which is also known as coil binding because of the shape of the binding element) are a great option. It is a way in which multiple pages and covers can be kept joining together.
The way in which the document is held together is through a durable plastic spiral or coil that is inserted through holes that are drilled on the document. The spiraled plastic that looks pretty much like a coil join the pages as an assembled group.
The main advantages of spiral binding are as follows
- Full view of the document: Spiral binding allows the elements included in the assembly such as sheets, separators, copies, charts, etc inside the grouped document to open freely. The pages can be flipped completely around the spiral in full 360 rotation.
- Ease to turn pages without further holding them: The pages turn easily and stay at the position. Unlike other methods of binding such as book binding, spiral binding gathers the document together but each component of the assembly is still independent.
- Color for Spirals: using different spiral colors helps to keep bound books together by color-coding the spiral.
- Page Counts: This binding method is appropriate for low-page-counts as card card-body as for high-page-counts. Because the coil used in spiral binding is available in multiple sizes
As a guide please acknowledge that the following coils are available and the number of thin-sheets that each can accommodate:
Representation of the different sizes of coil available. The image is not in perfect scale but just illustrates the concept. The approximate number of 20# paper sheets that bound with any given coil. Notice that the diameter of this specific carousel-item is measured in millimeters as opposed to inches, following a world standard for them.
Gets your document card card-body organized with Index Tabs and group dividers:
Index tabs are available in different styles:
Index tabs can be made on custom stock
Set divider tabs in custom sizes
Many colors available through Maylar protection
The binding edge can be reinforced for durability
The sheets can be custom punched, perforated or drilled as necessary
Index sheets and dividers can be easily inserted in the right portion of the document making the navigation and finding of information easy and effortlessly
Assortment of index tabs in different sizes, colors and finishing. The colored ones have a Mylar (strong plastic) proteccion.
The following pictures will describe the carousel-item better than words.
Picture of white sheets assembled through the use of coil to create a spiral bound document. Notice the drilled holes that allow us to thread the coil to create one single assembly unit
Question: Which products can I use spiral binding for?
Answer: There are many instances where spiral binding is the best option to get documents bound
- Music sheets
- Presentation notes for keynote speakers
- Attendees handouts at seminars and conferences
- Notebooks and Notepads
- Inventory control record-taking
- Phone call reports
- To-do lists
- Training Manuals
- Educational use for teaching, learning and evaluation
- Personal diaries
- Taking notes at corporate meetings.